June 1st marked the 4th birthday of the PTC Mathcad blog! Read below to see the five most popular blogs this year!
1. “How to Solve Systems of Equations Through Solve Blocks in Mathcad” is the most popular blog to date, accumulating over 12,391 views this year alone! This blog takes you through the steps of how to use Mathcad Prime solve blocks by inserting the solve block, adding your constraints, using the Boolean Equals operator, and plotting them. It also shows you how to go back into your calculations and change the guess values. What’s great about this post is that it links to the actual worksheets in the Mathcad Community that are used in the blog post so you can experiment with them yourself.
2. “Converting your Worksheets to Mathcad Prime 2.0 in 3 Easy Steps” is a great post that gives you instructions on how to convert your old worksheets to PTC Mathcad Prime 2.0 using the XMCD, MCD Converter which can convert both batches of worksheets or individual worksheets depending on your preference. The post provides images along with the steps, and directions on how to find the “Migration Guide” within your software.
3. “Symbolic Calculation in Mathcad Prime 2.0: Explicit Evaluation and Numeric and Symbolic Calculation Integration!” explores the new (then) symbolic calculation feature in PTC Mathcad Prime 2.0. In the post I interview Kent Pitman, the Software Development Manager at PTC who oversees work on the calculation engine for PTC Mathcad about the topic.
4. “Math Basics: Order of Operations, Precedence, and Tricky Brainteasers” is a fun one. It explores the brainteaser that asks the following question: “What’s 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1×0 equal to?” and provides 4 potential multiple choice options: 0, 14, 16, or 17 as the solution. The post walks you through how to find the correct solution and also provides some background on the order of operations and implicit multiplication.
5. “Mathcad 15.0 – New Licensing Process” is written by Brent Edmonds, Senior Director of PTC Mathcad. This post provides you with a description of the licensing process for Mathcad 15.0 and provides a walk through of the Licensing Wizard for Mathcad 15.0 complete with pictures!
These five posts have been viewed 33,727 times combined this year! WOW!
Thanks to our readers and contributors for another great year of the PTC Mathcad blog! Continue to provide us with questions, comments, and suggestions on the PTC Mathcad Community, Facebook , and Twitter (@PTC_Mathcad).