On June 1st we celebrated the 3rd birthday of the Mathcad blog! I thought I would take this time highlight the five most popular blogs to date.
1. “How to Solve Systems of Equations Through Solve Blocks in Mathcad” is the most popular blog to date, accumulating over 5,500 views! This blog takes you through the steps of how to use Mathcad Prime solve blocks by inserting the solve block, adding your constraints, using the Boolean Equals operator, and plotting them. It also shows you how to go back into your calculations and change the guess values. What’s great about this post is that it links to the actual worksheets in the Mathcad Community that are used in the blog post so you can experiment with them yourself.
2. “Mathcad Prime 2.0 is HERE!” ranks as the second most popular blog post with over 2,500 views. Particularly remarkable is the fact that this blog post is only about 3 months old! It is no surprise that this post generated so much interest because it is declaring the exciting news that Mathcad Prime 2.0 had officially been launched. It also links to the new Mathcad Prime 2.0 videos and the 30-day free trial!
4. “Using the Improved and Easy-to-Use Excel Component in Mathcad Prime 2.0” presents the new Excel component of Mathcad Prime 2.0, complete with an interview with Andrew McGough, a Senior Product Definition Engineer at PTC, and a video demonstration of the Excel component in action. This is a nice post about how Mathcad is able to facilitate all the different needs associated with engineering, whether it be 3D plotting or the ability to reuse and easily import or export data.
3. “A Sneak Peek into Mathcad Prime 2.0: Display of Large Results” is a blog post that is in response to a user’s question/ problem with a previous version of Mathcad’s symbolics. In this post the author describes the then plans to introduce a feature in Mathcad Prime 2.0 that gives users more control over the balance of utility and readability for the large results that are returned from the symbolic engine. How did we do?
5. “Solving Systems of Equations through Mathcad Solve Blocks, part 2” is actually the second part of the number one ranking blog post listed above. This post shows you how to deal with errors and problems with solve blocks that happened in previous versions from time to time, specifically by looking at No Solutions and Complex Solutions. It again links to the worksheets in the Mathcad Community.
Of course we wouldn’t have much of a Mathcad blog birthday celebration without all of you, our readers. And, we probably wouldn’t have as many good ideas to write about without your comments, questions, and suggestions that we see on the blog, the PlanetPTC Community, Facebook, and Twitter (@PTC_Mathcad). So, keep interacting with us, let us know what you want to read about, what you’re interested in, and what your favorite blog posts have been so far.