Attention, everyone! As promised, we are coming up with a new puzzle to test your calculation skills with Mathcad!
Many of you have given positive feedback to our recent raffle and asked for more…
So, without further ado, here’s the problem:
One Very Tired Horse
An army 40 miles long advances 40 miles while a messenger on horseback rides from the rear of the column to the front and back to the rear. How far has the messenger ridden?
Assume that the messenger travels at a constant speed and his direction of travel is either parallel (or opposite) to the movement of the army.
Like last time, the rules are simple:
- Anybody can submit a response, but the solutions must be calculated and submitted in a Mathcad worksheet
- To do so, you can download the Mathcad Prime 1.0 free trial here
- All correct worksheets will be published and publicly shared in PlanetPTC Community; by sending in your worksheet, you agree that we publish your worksheet.
- You can use any version of Mathcad for creating your worksheet
- Note (this is different from the last raffle!): From all correct answers, we will pick 3 winners of a PTC t-shirt randomly
- All Mathcad worksheets must be emailed to MathcadEngage@ptc.com by Friday, June 10, 12:00 noon EDT. Please use the subject “Horseback riding with Mathcad” in your email message.
If you have any questions, leave a comment below.
Good luck everyone, I look forward to receiving your beautiful worksheets!