I’m having a grand time at PTC/User this year in Orlando. I’m hearing some interesting use cases of Mathcad, which is really great. However, much of my time is spent standing, though, and my feet are killin’ me. It made me think of a great opportunity here… Why not design and create a “trade show” shoe?
- We’d need some good designers… We have them readily on-hand at PTC/User.
- We’d need some sophisticated design tools to create and model the shoe…. We have Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 here.
- We’d need to collaborate with many users, because this wouldn’t be a solo design… We have access to Windchill PDMLink or Windchill ProductPoint.
- We’d need to make sure the design that was conceptualized makes sense, from a “numbers perspective”… We have Mathcad to check some of the design assumptions.
- We’d need to model it for many kinds of users… We have access to the Manikin extension for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
- We’d maybe want to create a prototype to actually see what it would look like in three dimensions… We have ready access to a few rapid prototyping companies (like ZCorp, as one example) and tools here at PTC/User.
I think this would be a great chance to see many of PTC’s products working together, flying in tight formation. We have ready access to the people and the tools, and here’s a (loose) idea.
If PTC/User is looking for an idea for next year, maybe they could consider this. Or maybe not.